- Understand security compliance needs and requirements.
- Recognize and avoid phishing and other social engineering.
- Recognize and avoid viruses, ransomware, and other malware.
- Help ensure data security on computers, mobile devices, networks, the Internet, and in the cloud.
In this course, you will use discussions, case studies, and the experiences of your instructor and fellow students to explore the hazards and pitfalls of technology and learn how to use that technology safely and securely.
- Identify the need for security
- Secure devices like desktops, laptops, smartphones, and more
- Use the Internet securely
Module 1 | Identifying the Need for Security
- Topic A: Identify Security Compliance Requirements
- Topic B: Recognize Social Engineering and Avoid Phishing and Other Attacks
Module 2 | Securing Devices
- Topic A: Maintain Physical Security of Devices
- Topic B: Use Passwords for Security
- Topic C: Protect Your Data
- Topic D: Identify and Mitigate Viruses, Ransomware, and Other Malware
- Topic E: Use Wireless Devices Securely
Module 3 | Using the Internet Securely
- Topic A: Browse the Web Safely
- Topic B: Use Email Securely
- Topic C: Use Social Networking Securely
- Topic D: Use Cloud Services Securely
The CyberSAFE™ assessment will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to use computers, mobile devices, networks, and the Internet in a way that minimizes digital risks to themselves and their organization.