Excellent customer service through efficient IT support – whether it be face-to-face, via email, over the phone, by IM or SMS – is vital to ensure a company consistently delivers to its agreed IT service levels. The importance of delivering high levels of customer service in today’s support environment means that the responsibilities of IT support analysts are many and, as a result, a diverse skill-set is required to meet the constantly evolving and increasingly challenging demands placed on them. This course equips analysts with the essential skills for delivering excellent levels of customer service and support.
This three-day course encourages students to participate in group exercises, discussions and debates; leading to the service desk and support analyst qualification
Who is it for?
The SDA qualification course is for front-line IT service and support analysts with some experience in a first-line or second-line service desk environment. For analysts looking to grow in their role and gain a recognized qualification in their profession, this course will help them to develop practical skills while earning a certificate that endorses their commitment and knowledge. Examples of professional job titles include:
- Support Analyst
- Service Desk Analyst
- First-line Analyst
- Second-line Analyst
- Client Support Technician/Consultant
- Desktop Support Analyst
- Customer Support Officer
- Technical Support Analyst
- Service Centre Analyst
This course is designed to provide service desk and support analysts with the skills to work consistently within industry recognized standards and in-line with best practice guidelines. It reviews the four key concepts covered in the standards: professionalism and roles, analyst skills, process and supported technologies and enabling tools, on which are based the skills, competencies and knowledge that a service desk and support analyst requires in order to deliver professional and effective support.
The objectives of the course are to provide service desk and support analysts with:
- A thorough grounding in the skills, competencies and knowledge required of a professional and effective service desk and support analyst
- The essential skills and competencies to deliver efficient and effective support in line with SDI’s best practice industry standards
- A clear understanding of how to identify customer needs and motivations, how to deal effectively with a variety of situations and how to handle difficult situations
- The ability to recognize the importance of teamwork in the support environment
- Knowledge of core IT service management processes and the role of the service desk within these
- Practical problem solving techniques to help resolve customers’ issues first time
- An understanding of service desk metrics, service level agreements, customer satisfaction surveys, and the latest service desk tools and technologies
- An awareness of the need for developing professional relationships and for displaying respect and cultural sensitivity
- Practical preparation techniques for passing the service desk and support analyst examination