ITIL® is the most widely adopted approach for IT Service Management in the world, as it provides a practical framework for identifying, planning, delivering and supporting IT services to the business.
ITIL® Overview and Benefits
IT skills alone are no longer an asset for an IT professional or a corporation. Professionals need to combine their IT expertise with business acumen and focus on continuous service improvement. ITIL® can deliver great cost savings for an organization by promoting the optimum use of its assets – people processes and technology.
What is ITIL®?
ITIL® (Information Technologies Infrastructure Library) is the most widely established approach to IT Service Management in the world, with more than 1,500,000 certified people. Developed by the UK Office of Government Commerce (OGC), ITIL® is fully compatible with ISO/IEC 20000, the first International Service Management Standard for organizational certification and compliance.
Who is ITIL® for?
- IT professionals who are involved in the delivery or support of IT services
- Business professionals who need to further understand how IT can help maximize their business potential
ITIL® Benefits for the professional:
- Enhances your employment prospects
- Makes your skills more competitive
- Proves your expertise and know how
- Offers you a unique opportunity to combine your IT skills with a business approach, thus making IT services more aligned with the corporate needs
- Increases your standing within the IT community
ITIL® Benefits for the organization:
- Increases cost effectiveness and productivity, through a methodical and consistent service delivery
- Improves customer service delivery through measurable and clearly defined processes
- Improves ROI of IT services through the use of proven best practice processes
- Offers greater visibility of IT costs and IT assets
- Reduces cost of recruitment and training – hiring ITIL qualified people is easier
The foundation level is the entry level qualification which offers candidates a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle, including the linkages between Lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to Service Management practices.
Why Should I Take ITIL® Foundation?
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain a general overview, and basic knowledge and understanding of ITIL®. Successful completion of the Foundation qualification also fulfils the prerequisite entry criteria for the next level of study within the ITIL® qualifications scheme, the ITIL® Intermediate.
Who is it for?
- CIO/IT Director
- IT Manager
- IT Support staff
- IT Engineers
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
Is It Right For Me?
This qualification is primarily aimed towards:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework
- Those who need understanding of how ITIL® can be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL® who need to be informed about, or contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme
- The ITIL® qualification is open to any individuals who may have an interest in the subject.
Key Learning Objectives
Attendance to this course will enable participants to:
- Understand the key principles and terminology used within ITIL®
- Understand why ITIL® become so important today
- Describe the key IT Service Management processes, roles and responsibilities and the interfaces between them
- Explain the key benefits of an IT Service Management based approach to Service Management
- Describe some of the practical issues and costs associated with an IT Service Management implementation
- Pass the ITIL® Foundation Certificate examination